Study Abroad

The Honors College: A Global Experience

Honors College students are encouraged to fulfill Honors College requirements by studying abroad through one of the many programs housed in Mason’s Global Education Office.  

The process to determine whether courses studied abroad may be counted as substitutes for HNRS courses differs, depending on the type of study abroad program:

  1. If the study abroad program/courses are housed at a partner institution outside of George Mason University, students will request Honors College credit through the online Course Equivalency Request provided by the Global Education Office.  Approval of these requests will be provided by the Associate Director for Advising for the Honors College.  
  2. If the study abroad course/program is led by a George Mason University faculty member (e.g. winter, spring, or summer break experiences), students must complete this form.   Please submit the requested information by the posted deadline:

Program Dates Deadline
Spring Break

February 1st


April 1st

Fall Semester

July 1st


December 1st

Spring Semester

December 1st

Once a program begins, students may not request Honors College course credit.

For general questions about studying abroad and having those courses count towards Honors College requirements, please contact Vanessa Correa

Study Abroad Group

Experience the world and get Honors College credit.