Impact of Giving
You Have the Power to Change Lives
A gift to the Honors College is a wise investment in the next generation of creative thinkers and problem-solvers.
The Honors College is young but firmly rooted and growing fast. Our 1,400+ scholars study and graduate from all Mason's colleges and schools, representing a diversity of backgrounds and interests.
Just imagine the impact we could make within the university and around the country with additional resources. Your gift could be the spark that ignites a major discovery by one of our students.
- Harold J. Morowitz Scholarship Endowment. In honor of the late Harold J. Morowitz, the Honors College is creating an endowed scholarship.
- Honors College Scholarships and Honors College Dean's Fund. Help continue making "access to excellence" a reality for students.
- Travel Fund for Fellowships. Mason's diversity and academic rigor make our Honors College students highly competitive for prestigious national and international fellowships such as the Rhodes, Marshall, and Truman. However, the application process often requires candidates to travel for interviews. Your gift will enable them to fully participate in the process and more easily pursue these opportunities.
- Honors College Academic Programs. Our coursework emphasizes research from multiple perspectives and prepares students to work across cultural and disciplinary divisions to address pressing global issues. Your gift will provide technological resources and expand enrichment opportunities, both on campus and in the local community.
- University Scholars. Each year, a group of high-achievers with great potential are selected as University Scholars — the highest distinction and most competitive academic scholarship awarded to an incoming freshman. Those chosen demonstrate evidence of intellectual vision, commitment to the community, and the potential to solve challenging problems. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition for four years. In each incoming class, one exceptional Virginia resident is selected to receive additional funds to cover room and board, books, and related academic expenses. Mason is privileged to attract many qualified students, and your gift to this program would allow the Honors College to provide them the support they need to reach their full potential.
For more information or to make a donation, contact Director of Development Valentino Bryant at 703-993-7992. He can also arrange an in-person meeting, either on or off campus.