Welcome Class of 2021
You're a Patriot now and part of the Mason Nation!
Welcome to the Honors College’s First Year Student Living Learning Community (LLC), an active and inclusive space in which you’ll recognize many friendly faces. Starting with the small community in the LLC, you can begin branching out, meeting other people, and exploring other interests as your own familiarity with Mason increases.
Diverse interests and passions
Even before the first day of classes, you’ll have chances to meet and connect with other Honors College students who share your interests and passion for learning. At orientation, you will have begun to get acquainted with your peers. During First Year Move-In, Honors College faculty, peers, and other volunteers all energetically welcome you to the Commons, where approximately 300 new Honors Living and Learning Community (LLC) members will reside during their first year. Some students may choose to live in other residence halls or at home, but all students are welcome to participate in our LLC activities.
Living in community
The LLC living space provides a supportive environment for residents who share a commitment to academic excellence. An upper-division LLC is also available for interested students after their first year.
Events and Opportunities
LLC Timeline for New Students
- By May 1st: Submit your housing application and make your deposit
- June: Attend orientation and meet your roommate; serve at Women Giving Back
- August: Freshmen Move-In; Build-a-Burger after first week of classes
- September: Welcome2Mason activities; Serve during the Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service
- October: Study for midterms in the study lounge and de-stress with snacks
- December: Pancake breakfast in study lounge; apply for the Upper-level LLCs
- January: Study abroad or catch up on rest; serve the local community MLK Day of Service
- February: Apply to be a student leader on campus
- March: Serve during an alternative spring break
- Early May: Perform well on your finals and enjoy more pancakes!