You've Never Been to a School Like This
Enhanced coursework. From your first day in the Honors College at Mason, you'll meet new classmates and instructors and engage with them in meaningful ways. Thoughtful discussion, deep research, and informed reasoning characterize our coursework. Your compressed general education will prepare you for advancement early in your college career.
Extra support. You'll be an active participant in our education, charting your own path, while pursing your interests and passions in collaboration with your Honors College advisor, who you will meet with during your first semester and throughout your time at Mason.
A community of motivated colleagues. All activities in the Honors College are built to enrich your experience at Mason and build on your passion for learning. Honors College students participate in the full cultural and civic life of Mason and the DC region.
- Conduct service projects with local charities
- Join Mason student organizations and attend Mason events
- Interact with a local improv theater company
- Attend DC-area museums
- Network with community and business leaders
In the Honors College, your education extends beyond the classroom walls. The college plans weekly seminars and workshops designed to enrich your experience and broaden your horizons. Our co-curricular activities range from fun to serious:
- Learn to cook with the Associate Dean
- Join a reading group with the Director of Communications
- Attend a lecture from a NASA expert planning an exploratory trip to an asteroid
- Participate in a group devoted to discussing and deepening anti-racist efforts in our community
- Go on a trip to see DC-area museums
By living in our Honors College Living Learning Community or participating in our Honors College Virtual Learning Community, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other highly motivated students from all majors, many of whom might be in classes with you.