First Year Experience
You've Never Been to a School Like This
From your first day in the Honors College at Mason, you'll engage with classmates and instructors in new and interesting ways. Thoughtful discussion, deep research, and informed reason replace rote memorization and repetition. You'll be an active participant in your education, designing your path toward your interests and passions. You'll surpass your peers with a compressed general education, setting the pace for advancement early in your college career.
All activities in the Honors College are built to enrich your experience at Mason and build on your passion for learning. From the first day of our three-day Honors orientation, you'll be introduced to the comprehensive learning environment offered here with activities such as:
- Assisting with service projects at Women Giving Back, a local charity
- Attending a Washington Nationals Baseball Game
- Interacting with a local improv theater company
- Networking with Honors College upper-class students
- Becoming involved in Honors College student organizations and events.
In the Honors College, your education expands beyond the classroom walls. The college plans weekly seminars and workshops meant to enrich your experience and expand your horizons. If you choose to live in the immersive Honors College Living Learning Community, weekend and evening activities build a well-rounded real-world component into your time at Mason.