Bringing Excellence into the Field
Honors College students are academically talented, highly motivated achievers who have been immersed in an enriching environment at Mason. Northern Virginia and D.C.-area businesses and organizations won't find a better hiring pool when looking for interns, and those who collaborate with the Honors College to employ and educate our students will gain a valuable resource.
Benefits to Partners
Community partners help cultivate prospective new employees from our pool of talented students.
- Communicate clearly, both when speaking and writing.
- Are proficient in digital, audiovisual and other media
- Read and think analytically.
- Are comfortable listening to and exchanging ideas with those who have different perspectives.
- Collaborate and work in teams.
- Identify pending issues and pro-actively seek solutions.
Partners who employ our interns commit to acting as mentors.
Internships should be enhanced and enriching. Our expectation is that clerical work will be limited to no more than one-third of any intern's duties. The focus should be on long-term analytical and problem-driven projects.
Students who participate in semester- and year-long internships are typically paid for their work. If you don't have the resources to support paid interns, we can work with you on a short-term program.
Where Our Students Have Had Internships
Honors College students find internships at the most esteemed organizations in their fields, including: