Support for students conducting research in the life sciences, math, and engineering
“I was able to present my research to some of the biggest names in the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis field."
Rebecca Beuschel, Goldwater Scholarship winner
What are the Goldwater Scholarships?
The Goldwater Scholarships provide up to $7500. Recoginition with a Goldwater is well-regarded by other nationally competitive fellowship pgrograms, including NSF GRFP, Rhodes, Fulbright, Marshall, Hertz, and Churchill, etc. Students must be engaged in research and have a GPA of 3.7 or above.
Past Mason Winners:
- Karen Therrien, Life Sciences
- Ben Concepcion, Physics and Astronomy
- Brienn Sobieski, Life Science
- Rebecca Beuschel, Biology and Neuroscience
- Iris Stone, Physics
- Zachary Baker, Bioengineering
Past Mason Honorable Mentions:
- Jiajing Guan, Mathematics
- Doreen Joseph, Cyber Security Engineering
- Lucas Bouck, Mathematics
Campus Deadline: Mid-November 2019
National Deadline: January 31, 2020.