Help available when you need it
Appointments with your academic advisor will begin during your first few days on campus and continue to build a solid groundwork for a successful, supported academic career. Your advisor will not only help you to transition into the Honors College, they will be a go-to resource when it comes to navigating important decisions about your studies. Their advice represents an extra boost to your advancement beyond traditional advising available through your major, so make sure to touch base with them at least once a semester.
Advising is important to your success
Honors College Advisors are available to help you succeed in the Honors College and in your Major. You are encouraged to meet your Honors College Advisor once a semesters until you have completed the Honors College Curriculum. You should make appointments with advisors on the basis of your major.
Step 1: Find the Honors College advisor for your discipline
The email addresses provided in this table are not a substitute for making an appointment using Navigate in Step 2 below. They are to help you resolve issues that you are unable to resolve using an advising appointment.
Step 2: Schedule Your Appointment Today
- Click the image above or go to https://gmu.campus.eab.com/ to access the Navigate Mason (formerly SSC Campus) advising tool.
- You will enter your NetID and password, then click login. If this is your first time logging into the scheduler on a computer or device, then you will need to click "accept" to allow the sign-on.
- On your student home in Navigate Mason, select the "Get Assistance" button in the upper right hand corner.
- To schedule an appointment with your Honors College advisor, select "Advising" and then "Honors College."
- Select "Honors College Advising" as your service, then click "Next."
- Confirm your location as "Honors College," since advising appointments take place in the Honors College offices in Buchanan Hall 203 and 205.
- Choose your advisor from the drop-down list. You must meet with the advisor for your discipline, major, or interest area.
- Available meetings will be displayed in blue.
- Once you have scheduled an appointment, make note of any additional details provided by the advisor, select a preferred reminder method, then click "Confirm Your Appointment"
For questions, configuration concerns, and feedback on your user experience, please contact SSCHelp@gmu.edu.